“Co-op House”

“Co-op House”
Warnick House was also known as “Co-op House,” perhaps because in 1943 it was still the only co-op house. (BYU later maintained several co-op houses, including Iona House.) Here the Y News calls Warnick’s first residents (from the 1943–1944 academic year) the “Sweet Sixteen.” Y News may have invented the nickname, though context also implies the turn-of-phrase might have arisen more organically in the campus culture. | Source: “Co-op House,” Y News, October 29, 1943, via Internet Archive. https://archive.org/details/ynews19431029brig/page.
Download Original File