Geologists in the Quarry


This file appears in: From Fossils to Conservation
Geologists in the Quarry
National Parks Service

This is the quarry wall in the National Monument. It was first discovered by Earl Douglass in 1909. There were almost 26 full skeletons and over 300 individual bones found in this quarry. The Quarry building was constructed in the 1950s after Mission 66 provided more funding for the National Monument.


This file appears in: From Fossils to Conservation