Electrict Light Works, Ogden Canyon

Electrict Light Works, Ogden Canyon
"Electric Light Works, Ogden Canyon. Utah's first hydroelectric plant. Constructed by the Ogden City Electric Ligh Co. in Ogden Canyon in 1883. Constructed near the Lewis camp under direction of Maj. V. M. C. Silva, who became manager of the company in 1882. Plant supplied direct current to a few private customers in Ogden in addition to supplying electricity for nine street lights owned by the city. Operated with indifferent success until the spring of 1884 when high water partially destroyed the building." | Creator: C. R. Savage | Source: Savage, C. R. "Ogden Canyon Plant P.1." 1883. no. 2602; 621.3. Used by permission, Utah State Historical Society. https://collections.lib.utah.edu/details?id=437418&q=electric+light+works
Download Original File