Untitled

jemez pueblo 2.png
This photograph, taken by John K. Hillers sometime between 1873 and 1881, shows the ruins of Giusewa, one of the old Jemez villages, and the San Jose de Jemez Mission, which was burned down in 1623 and rebuilt, only to be abandoned again in 1637. Giusewa remains an important site for Jemez Pueblo people. | Creator: John K. Hillers | Source: Hillers, John K. "The Jemez ruins." Digital image. DeGolyer LibrarySouthern Methodist University Digital Archives. 2009.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jemez_State_Mon_1877.jpg
Download Original File